August 23, 2010

{Real Party} Bid Day Pool Party

The theme of this party was "never underestimate what heat and a week full of activities can do to the appetite of college women!" Holy cow! The event was "catered" by the wonderful and generous donations of area alums and was devoured by 200 fun, excited , yet exhausted college ladies. Celebrating with 85 new members was a blast, so I can't complain! Unfortunately, they were running ahead of schedule on Saturday, so I wasn't able to do a run-though beforehand with my camera. I caught these images with my phone as the girls were arriving. Hope you enjoy!

I finally got to put my Cricut to good use!


A small candy bar for the girls to enjoy!


Unfortunately, the jar with the lemon heads didn't make it home. Sad day! The small cups were a printable I purchased at Paper and Pigtails...so cute!


This is a weird shot of the food table, but you get the general idea!


And they are off...




A close up of the adorable cupcakes by Couture Cakes, LLC


How adorable is this!?! I love it!

Among what you didn't get to see, were some adorable popcorn and M&M snacks that I made with the same printables from Paper and Pigtails. This was my inspiration, so it gives you an idea of what they looked like:



I wish I had better pictures to share with you! This was a fun event thanks to the hard work and time donated by several area alums...THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool that your sorority's alum are so involved. I wish my sorority called on our alum more because I would be SO willing to help!! Thanks for sharing...looks like they enjoyed themselves : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything turned out so cute Rach! Great job! LOVE the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Party planning is not easy. Couple of days back, helped my friend in arranging her sister’s birthday party at Venues in San Francisco. It was not at all easy for us to manage everything in nice way so we took some great ideas from internet. Thus was able to throw awesome party.

    ReplyDelete