July 27, 2010

{Bliss Board} Winter Wonderland

I have a beautiful bride that has chosen New Year's Eve as her date with a Winter Wonderland as her vision. How spectacular, right? My mind went spinning with ideas and this was the bliss board I created:


Her colors are blue and silver, which is perfect for that Winter Wonderland theme, with sparklers and party hats reinforcing the New Year vibe. I love the idea of a "wish tree" for the guests to write down wishes, advice or even resolutions for the couple. Since the reception will be held at a country club, candles around the pool and the golf cart "get away" could be nice touches.

What screams Winter Wonderland Wedding to you?

3 comments:

  1. Oh good! I'm going to email it to you so you have it. If you need anything, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am helping plan an event on NYE and the coordinator wanted to do a "midnight snack" treat. I thought "what is better than cookies and milk?" check out this link to see a cute "cookies and milk" bar i found. http://apartystyle.blogspot.com/2010/02/milk-and-cookies-party_10.html

    is there a flower that maybe resembles snow? that might be weird..but could be cute for the flower girl to put down the aisle instead of the typical rose petals. maybe something that looks like snow and something that has glitter on it (i know that sounds cheesy but go with me here) that way it looks like she's walking through glistening snow. i use the term "glitter" a lot but i dont actually mean 3rd grade glitter..just something with some twinkle to it:)

    i dont know the budget but gobo's that look like snow during the reception could be cool?

    no? its midnight...and monday...leave my crazy thoughts alone:)

    since it's on NYE maybe you can do something cool incorporating an hourglass? is that too "days of our lives?"

    I think that "snowflake" is the obvious thing that comes to mind but you need to be careful about the cheesy factor. i like the idea of a jeweled snowflake much like this cake topper: http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/winter-wonderland-wedding-cake-2008-01-19.htm seems a little more classy to me.

    white christmas lights can be beautiful if done right.

    i love this stuff. so if you need help with ideas let me know:)

    ReplyDelete