March 22, 2011

{Bliss Board} Artistic Dinner

Next month, I'm doing a dinner at the fabulous LSU Museum of Art. When I toured the facility to get an idea of the dinner space, I couldn't help but be amazed by the GIANT Blue Dog that covered an entire wall. Being personally obsessed with George Rodrigue and all his dynamic Blue Dog paintings...I let my imagination run wild when thinking of decor for the dinner.

For those not familiar with Blue Dog, here is an example:


Who wouldn't be inspired by that face!

I want to highlight the primary colors and the fact that we are in a museum so artistic flares everywhere! From old paint tins as centerpieces, the menu displayed on an artist's canvas and passed appetizers served on paint palettes...I can't wait to see this dinner come to life!


1 comment:

  1. Blue Dog...I love him! He's perfect inspiration. Good luck with your dinner.

    ReplyDelete