March 2, 2011

{Bliss Board} Read Across America Day

Each March 2nd,  the National Education Association celebrates "Read Across America" Day in honor of everyone's favorite children's author, Dr. Seuss. Thousands of schools celebrate and encourage reading by inviting community members into their classrooms to read to the students. Some even dress up as Dr. Seuss characters and eat actual green eggs and ham! What fun!

I'll be heading to a local elementary school this afternoon to read my favorite Dr. Seuss book but as I was perusing the Internet this morning to see how others were celebrating, I ran across several Dr. Seuss themed parties! So adorable...so I threw together a Bliss Board to help you celebrate today in style!


Even if you aren't throwing a big shindig today, you can still get involved! Visit the Read Across America Pledge Site and make a pledge to encourage young students to read TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment