July 5, 2012

{Review} Tan Towel...FAIL!

Leading up to a wedding, I get an ear-full from almost every bride about the diets and beauty secrets she has discovered to try before her wedding day. They range from workout routines to cleansing diets to body scrubs or oils to tanning solutions.

The pressure we put on ourselves to be the perfect beauty is a little insane...but, my vanity makes me just as guilty as any of them...so no judgement here!

Anyway, my heart always goes out to those that suffer the same ailment that I do...the absolutely, will not tan for anything-itis. It's a real thing. When one of my brides went on and on and on about a solution, I'll admit...I got a little excited.

The solution that she found was.... Tan Towels. I've never been able to apply self-tanner without streaking but she ensured me that I would be just fine...so I bought some and I tried them...and, well...see for yourself...

Seems harmless, right?

This is the "before" shot..told you I was pale!

I was thrilled that it was an easy clean up. Just tossed the towel and rinsed my hands and DONE!

This was about two hours later...you can start to see a little streaking on my calf...

Awesome job four hours later...



Now, before the endless laughter begins, let me say that I was so hesitant to hit "publish" after I loaded the photos...out of sheer embarrassment. But, I decided "what the heck", based solely on the point that I want every bride and bridesmaid to seriously think about self-tanners before the big day. Obviously, there is no "perfect" self-tanning solution. If you are a big goof like I am...you never know what you'll end up with! My opinion, stay out of the tanning beds (seriously, don't do that to yourself!) and leave the fake tanning application to the professionals!

Thankfully, a little lemon juice and some salt...scrub, scrub, scrub...and I was back to my pale self!

No comments:

Post a Comment